Sunday, August 27, 2006

Deep Reflections by Luke Fairburn

Through the underwater metropolis, I search for life.
Unearthing the mysteries and treasures of the deep.
Steering around jagged walls of rock,
Beauty overwhelms me.
Multitudes of celestial creatures
Blaze past; flashes of lightning.

Gliding across shadowy sands,
Rays of light illuminate my way.
Vibrant colours, soft sounds of the sea,
Brown swaying tendrils dance upon the rocks
to a beat and rhythm all their own.

Freedom, security.
Pervade this ocean expanse.
Moments in time, suspended.
Far removed from life’s demanding drone
My mind adrift on waves of tranquillity.

My peaceful haven
Suddenly shattered,
Cold shivers slice through as
A black shadow passes over
Silence broken, by my racing heart.

A dark phantom strikes again,
With one slicing swoop.
So large, its form eludes my gaze
Its presence...so horrifying
A black warrior waging war.

This battlefield, I know belongs to him.
Harmony no longer reigns.
Escape, my only thought.
Driven by fear, as deadly a foe,
As the enemy I flee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Website Traffic Counter
Dating Websites